Protecting Your Teeth During Orthodontic Treatment
Why Do You Need To Protect Your Teeth While Wearing Braces?
Have you ever seen someone with a straight, post-braces smile who also has distracting white spots that mar the beautiful result? It’s called decalcification, and it can result from acids and plaque sitting on teeth too long during orthodontic treatment. Here at Hilgers Orthodontics, we know how important your smile is, which is why we have something that helps with decalcification.
Opal Seal Protects Teeth From Decalcification
Opal Seal is a sealant and primer all in one. It helps us prime your teeth for brackets to keep them firmly in place. At the same time, it acts as a seal to protect your teeth from decalcification and decay. Opal Seal also reinforces your enamel by releasing fluoride. It lasts several months and can be re-applied when necessary.
Opal Seal is excellent for patients of all ages, and here are some of the other reasons why we use Opal Seal:
- Application is totally pain-free.
- Completely discreet protection and invisible to the naked eye.
- Non-yellowing and stain-resistant.
- The drying agent keeps out moisture and draws resin in, ensuring superior bonding and fluoride uptake.
- Fluorescent properties make reapplication and removal easy and convenient.
- When combined with proper oral hygiene, Opal Seal helps you keep a bright and healthy smile.
Ask Dr. Hilgers How OpalSeal Can Protect Your Teeth
Opal Seal brings you one step closer to your dream smile! Talk to us about Opal Seal. When the time comes to remove your braces, Opal Seal can help ensure sparkling, beautiful results. Give us a call at (623) 935-3908 or send us an email if you have any questions.