It's that time of year again...cold and flu season! To promote a healthy and clean environment here at Hilgers Orthodontics, we give a great deal of attention to sanitation and sterilization in our Goodyear office at all times, as well as following all requirements for sterilizing instruments and work surfaces.
For the protection of other patients, Dr. Mike Hilgers and our staff, we always ask that patients reschedule their appointments if they have any type of cold or illness that can infect others.
Maintaining and protecting oral hygiene equipment is also important this flu season. To protect your toothbrush from bacteria follow these steps:
• Wash your hands before and after brushing
• Allow the brush to air dry after each use, harmful bacteria dies after being exposed to oxygen
• Store the toothbrush in an upright position to allow water to drain and dry faster
• Replace toothbrush after every cold or flu or every 3-4 months when bristles appear worn
Hope this helps! Stay healthy!
- The Hilgers Orthodontics team